Anna Claire

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Jack Henry

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

03/20/2008 - 36 Week Doctor's Appt.

This was my first appointment where my doctor checked to see if I had started dilating any. I told myself before I went that no matter what he said, I wasn't going to believe that she really would be coming early (I have just heard too many stories from friends that hear news from their OB that the baby is almost here and then they still go past their due date!). But when he told me that I had already dilated 3 cm, I have to admit that I got a little panicked about the nearness of her arrival! My doctor doesn't anticipate that I will go into labor as soon as the next week but he said there's a good chance that she will be here before April 16.

I'm doing weekly visits now, so we'll continue to post updates. No one really knows when Anna Claire will decide to make her arrival, but we definitely feel like a fire has been lit underneath us to finish up the remaining things that we would like to do before she gets here! (hopefully I can post some finished nursery pictures in the next week or so)

4 comments:

Erin and Kyle said...

That is really exciting; it is getting so close! I am sure Anna Claire will come in her own good time.

Kathy said...

AWESOME!! I was just thinking that I had not heard from you and I knew you had an appointment coming up. Anyway since you have already dilated so much, hopefully that's a good sign of an "easy/quick" labor. :) Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!

RandB said...

Hope that all goes well! It's crazy when you hear that at 36w!! It really could be tomorrow or a few weeks away. (I was dilated 3cm for 2.5 weeks with Greer and 4 cm for over a week with Gehrig!) Try to rest up as much as possible in the meantime! We're looking forward to hearing about her arrival. Love, The Masseys

Anonymous said...

I think you should hold it in until April 16 so she can share the same birthday as her Uncle Brad. C'mon, it can't be that uncomfortable.