Anna Claire

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Jack Henry

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Day 1 -- Where it all begins!

Let's get it started...

Okay...so around 3:45 this afternoon, I called Mandy and was able to talk her into taking a ride with me up to the lot. We only closed on Monday afternoon, but I wanted to see if the builders were able to get the house corners setup on the lot and maybe some pin-flags marking the general outline of the house. Well, I roll up and find an excavation crew digging footers on our lot! It has only been 2 days since we closed and they are already moving dirt!!

I couldn't stand it, so Mandy and I ran home for me to change into my jeans and boots so that I could go back out there and make sure that all of the changes and modifications to the floor-plan actually showed up when the footers were dug. I didn't mention that it was almost 5:45 when I finally got out there and that it was a balmy 27 degrees!! Brrr!

So I pull up and
start walking around the lot only to realize that they are finished digging the footers! The re-bar is laid in the trenches and it is ready for concrete!

Here's a picture
showing the footers dug. Click on the picture(s) to super-size them! The footprint of the house does not look all that big, but we'll see how it starts to take shape over the next few months.












There are several other pictures that we thought we'd show on here: One is another shot of the footprint taken from the other side (with heavy
equipment!!). The last one is a picture of the electrical meter box.






























I expect that they will be pouring the concrete by Friday and will let it cure over the weekend. They should be laying the block for the foundation next week!

Keep your fingers crossed for us. If they keep moving at this pace, we will be framed in and in the dry in a month or so, but as we enter the spring rainy season, we can lose weeks without any trouble.

We'll be back soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! Ang gave me the site...pretty cool!! CONGRATS on the house...I'll definitely keep up with this so that I can see the progress!!!
Love you guys!
MiMi